Nihongo no mori N1 course

Hello!
Has anyone tried the N1 course that Nihongo no mori offers?

I would like to know before subscribing how many videos it has on grammar and vocabulary.

I read some time ago on Twitter that it has close to 900 videos of grammar patterns, but it seems like a very high number, considering that N1 books such as Shin Kanzen Master, Nihongo Sou Matome or TRY have about 200 grammar patterns. So, does the Nihongo no mori course really teach you patterns that are not in those books? (If it really taught 900 patterns, I would subscribe right away.)

And in terms of vocabulary, I would be interested to know if this course has a list of all the words in N1 with example sentences for each of them. It would be of great help to me, since the Jisho for many words does not have a single example sentence.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

1 Like

900 patterns doesn’t make sense to me either. That being said, Nihongo no Mori did have multiple videos covering the same grammar point on Youtube. I thought they had like 2-3 N2 grammar courses, just with different hosts.

And in terms of vocabulary, I would be interested to know if this course has a list of all the words in N1 with example sentences for each of them.

Well there isn’t a word list for any of the JLPT levels anymore. I can only presume the new content is somewhat based on their old vocabulary videos though.

I’d be tempted to tying it out, but am not ready for an N1 course yet.

1 Like

Yes! I also think those so-called 900 videos of grammar patterns may be all about this (repetition of the same grammar with different hosts), not really each video with a new and different grammar pattern.

However, I’m still curious and if someone has tried this N1 course from Nihongo no mori, I would like to confirm that.

Anyway, thanks for answering and sharing your point of view :slight_smile:

1 Like