New members introduction thread

Yo!

I am Robik.

I got here from koohii forum, where I am member since 2014-12-31 (under same nickname). Which means I am learning Japanese for about four and half years and I am still not done.

Damn, it takes longer than I thought. blushes

よろしく。

7 Likes

Welcome, Robik! And hey, I’ve been at it 7 years and am still nowhere close to complete :smile:

I’m Jay, aka gaiaslastlaugh on the Kanji Koohii forum. I’ve had an interest in Japan since middle school, but it wasn’t until about 7 years ago that I began seriously studying the language. The Koohii Forum was critical in helping me form a study plan and map out a path to, not fluency, but at least the gateway to fluency. Hence my passion for keeping the community alive here on this new forum.

Edit: I changed my username for Koohii compatibility. Why break a tradition?

5 Likes

Skullclutter here from Koohii

Been interested in Japanese since my teens, finally started studying in June 2017, signed up for Koohii in August of the same year. As sporadic as my studying has been, the community at Koohii keeps pulling me back. Most of the regulars are at a higher level than me, talking about what they’re reading. I think “if I keep going, that’ll be me one day” and I hit the books again.

6 Likes

I’ve been a user of Koohii for more than 5 years, I’m super happy to be here and see you all!

7 Likes

Hey!
thisiskyle/トリピー from Koohii here…

I started studying late 2010, when I moved to Japan (JET), and have been hovering somewhere slightly below N3 (I would guess) since mid 2012, when I came back to the US. I haven’t really seriously studied since, but I think I’ve managed to stave off too much backsliding despite serial life upheavals: changing jobs, getting cancer, getting married, having a kid, and moving across the country.

I was more-or-less a lurker on the Koohii forums, but will try to be more active here. That is, at least starting in April, after another cross-country move (good lord). Maybe a new forum and a setting will renew some old habits.

6 Likes

I’ve been a member of the Koohii forum for nearly 7 years, studying Japanese on-and-off but I always came back to it! I feel like I’m making some good progress now.

6 Likes

I’ve been a semi-lurker on the Koohii forums since 2009, under the same username, and I don’t plan stopping now. Maybe I’ll even take this as an opportunity to become more active.

Back when I started studying over 10 years ago, Japanese was basically my life for a few years. For some years now I’m not really studying Japanese, but I still use it a lot. Two years ago I studied at university for a year in Japan, got my N1 and somehow managed score 3 points below passing level for Kanken 2, 3 times in a row. Currently looking for an oppotunity to go back.

I’ll see you guys around.

6 Likes

Jenny4444 from Koohii :slight_smile:
Glad to have a new forum here!

6 Likes

Hi guys

I’m Splatted from the Koohii forums. I was a member since 2010 when I first started studying Japanese.

よろしく!

5 Likes

Seizar from koohii, joined mid 2009 and really enjoyed the community and the resources there. I studied a lot for a couple of years, then I took a huge break and now I’m trying to get back into it because I miss reading books and watching Japanese shows.
しくよろ!

6 Likes

vix86 on Koohii, lurked since 2009, joined in 2010. Studied Japanese for over a decade now, not so much now. Lived in Japan for 4-ish years total.

6 Likes

Hello, I’m the Kanken from Koohii but who cares since I was just a lurker :slight_smile:

My goal is to pass level 2 of the kanji kentei.

6 Likes

Porukkusu from Koohii, creator of Kanji Ryokucha, the client apps for Kanji Koohii SRS

6 Likes

Welcome all. Great to see a lot of regulars and contributors, as well as to hear from a lot of lurkers! If there’s anything I can do to help encourage or increase participation, don’t hesitate to PM me.

3 Likes

I was a member of the koohii forum for a few years and happy to be here. Thanks gaias.

6 Likes

Glad to be part of the new forum. I arrived at the koohii site in its early days. My first introduction to RTK was through the official Heisig-published box of RTK flashcards, a gift that someone gave me around 25 years ago. The koohii site was an amazing upgrade!

6 Likes

Hey all, I am laddr from koohi. I have only been around and studying for 1 year now but I feel like I have made incredible progress even if fluency still seems a long way off sometimes. I am enjoying the journey which is maybe the most important thing. I was sad the Koohi forum was shutting down as it helped me figure out what to do after RTK. I am glad to see the community continue on here in some form. Good luck to you all!

6 Likes

Hi, I’m satogaeru from koohii.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Iuri_ from the koohii forums even though mostly I’d been a lurker, glad to see the community continuing and to still be a part of it.

6 Likes